Super Fly Webstore

Thursday, July 21, 2011

7-21-11...Carp in the yak

Today was the day...I put the kayak...into the carp lake....It had it's challenges...a little wind...murky water....weed beads and mats covering most of it...some very skinny water...spooky fish...all in all...I learned a lot...I know where they are....That's all that counts....

The catches...two fish at 20 inches....one at 22 inches...




Now this photo may seem a little pointless...nope it's not a rock..look close...It's two snapping turtles getting busy making little snappers....


This is the new fly that has been slamming the carp...




My Maggot Cluster...
size 10 Mustad s80-3906
ice dubbing
micro chenille burned at tips

very simple...very effective...the bigger fish even chased it down as I stripped it in....Tight lines...

4 comments:

  1. "getting busy making little snappers"......awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you're onto something with that maggot fly. Looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete