Super Fly Webstore

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Steel Head...2011...Fly Boxes

I took a break from production tying this week to prepare my boxes for the upcoming Steel season....Streamers like mad...eggs and a ton of nymphs...I'm not a swing purist by any stretch..I love to swing streamers, but when the going gets tough...I nymph...The 2 1/2 hour ride one way to par take in this winter fun is much better when at the end of the day I can talk of the fish caught...So here's some pics...

STREAMERS...
This box includes a ton of speys, wets, leeches and other assorted rabbit strip strteamers....



EGGS....
This is sell explanatory, eggs, crystal meth and other assorted obnoxiously colored egg looking things...


NYMPHS....
I never used to pay much attention to nymphs...but now they are a winter staple for me...When not chasing cold water species with them they all double as panfish, bass and carp flies....Worms, stones and other assorted insects...







A couple more weeks and these will all be put to good use....

4 comments:

  1. I'd say you're stocked for a day or two of fishing. Love those stones , killer looking flies as usual. Look forward to seeing a few steeelhead pics coming up soon...Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stones are great. I am gonna whip some up and see how they work in Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks fellas....those stones are a new pattern I've been developing utilizing some new hooks..we'll see how they perform in a few weeks...

    ReplyDelete