Super Fly Webstore

Monday, December 12, 2011

Rite Bobbin

I have to be honest...I never gave my bobbins a thought...I picked up whatever I could buy for less then $10.00 and used it...struggling to make the tension on the thread correct by constantly bending and unbending the bobbin...Cheap bobbins break constantly..especially when tying with deer hair..The amount of pressure put on the cheap stuff will eventually break them. After replacing them multiple times it begins to add up...This year at the Symposium I was approached by Rite Bobbins. I gave a chuckle at first because I knew the price on these. They asked me to just try it out and give it go. So I did...That being said all of my bobbins are now replaced with Rite Bobbins CERMAG....

These bobbins offer total thread control with the click of an adjustment knob on the side of the bobbin. Instead of two metal pieces coming up and constantly getting in the way, you now have one metal stem coated in ceramic...it fits comfortably and effortlessly in the palm of your hand. Want more tension...turn the knob...less...turn it the other way,....Each click gives you about one ounce of tension..talk about total control. With the squeeze of your hand the thread stops completely...let go and it's back to business...These bobbins are so smooth..words can't even explain it.

I am proud to announce that I will be offering these on my web store for sale. They have changed the way that I view bobbins and tie my flies. I think they will do the same for you...Stop by my shop..pick one up...you won't be sorry...

No comments:

Post a Comment