Super Fly Webstore

Sunday, July 11, 2010

7-11-10

So it's been a bit since a post...I have been fishing a little local resevoir a lot lately...It is my new favorite frustration....There are some of the largest small mouth that I have ever seen cruising the shallows and not one will bite at a thing that I throw at them...I have been tying all sorts of buggy/fishy deliciousness to toss to them...but nothing successful yet....A lot of blue gills lately as well...Tonight was a great night for the gills....Some pigs by all standards...I actually caught 28 fish in totol today...15 assorted bass,...2 large mouth and 13 small mouth...All were pretty small...under 10 inches...The heat has been killer, we have had no real rain, the streams are low and the water is hovering at 80...Not much action from the big boys....Daves Hopper was killer with the gills tonight.....Swimming nymphs in olive were the only things I could get to work in my creek for smallies...No pics of any fish.....

Here are a couple of dragon flies I have been working on....




3 comments:

  1. thanks...those are yours....its on the way to you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some seriously cool bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks.....first try at them....

    ReplyDelete