Super Fly Webstore

Friday, July 16, 2010

7-16-10

So..I go to work everyday at about 12:30pm and I work until around 10pm....I like the fact that I can fish most days in the morning before work. I am fortunate in that the area that I live in offers a wide array of water....I try to make the drive to my morning trips less then 20 minutes one way....This puts me at one of three resevoirs near my home frequently....There is an amazing population of small and large mouth bass, big panfish and some trout at these....There are also HILLRODS.....Now let me explain that word....There are times when I look at the people where I live and just shake my head in amazement. If there was a missing link to be found, I do believe that it may be here.....I'm not sure exactly what happened to some of the people in my town, mercury in the tap water, lead paint chips, dropped on their heads...Who knows...The clothing style seems to run one of two ways...Either excessively skin tight or falling off....I'm not sure which is better. If you have a gut so large that you can't see your feet, you should not where a shirt that lets your slab of fat hang out from under it....Ever...Period....There is just no need...Nobody wants to see it...If I can catch a whiff of you from across the lake, there may be a problem with you hygiene....If you have some kind of mixed up southern accent that sounds like you've taken too many downers, but was born and raised here....in the north,....there may be an issue....

My point to this introduction....I try to avoid people of this kind as much as possible...In my day to day working life, as I do work with people, and on occasion during a fishing outing I do have encounters with them........Today was such a day.....

I go to the resevoir. There are a couple of old timers sitting on buckets waiting for their bobbers to bob...Head nods and the usual small talk....I reach my destination and begin to fish....I fish my way around one resevoir only hitting one small mouth....To the next one...I begin fishing in the next resevoir and first cast I hit a nice smallie....I hear voices from the far side of the water..."Lookie there he got one"...."looking like a small mouth".....I return my catch to the water and move a little over....I cast two more times and nail another one...."Fucking asshole got another one"....From across the way....So I think to myself this should be good....What we have here is HILLRODS....I move over little more and catch another one....Again the commentary continues from across the way...."What the fuck he done got another".."Asshole"....So I decide it's time to go I need to get ready for work anyway...I begin walking towards my vehicle. As I approach the HILLRODS begin to approach my car...Wonderful I think to myself....This should be great. Now I am for the most part a peaceful individual. I am however prepared at all times to defend myself and my loved ones. There will be no good coming out of this encounter....So as they approach I remove the hatchet from my trunk and place it on my bumper in an obvious loud way. I look at the men...."Gentlemen, can I help you?"....HILLRODS...."UHHH, UHHH, you're a pretty good with that whippy thing there....UHHHH, I'm gonna go have another beer"...and off they went.....I love my town.....9:00am....




No comments:

Post a Comment