Super Fly Webstore

Sunday, December 12, 2010

12-12-10

A solo trip to the Salmon took place today...The weather was, according to the Meteorologists, going to be in the low 40's....It must be nice having their jobs, because you never really have to be right...Could you imagine...me...being a tattoo artist, almost being right part of the time.."Well sir...This tattoo should come out like this, but there is a chance of this, with a side of that and by Tuesday it may look like this"....WTF....Well anyway...

It rained on and off, as it was supposed to, sleet mixed in for good measure....plus the 20mph winds no one mentioned...Changing the 40 to a 20 for the "feels like" temp...A little chilly today...

However...

I did get a solid 8 fish hookup count...I landed 2 on the bank...Where the fish briskly decided that on my way down to them they were going to flop back and forth, breaking my line and re-entering their watery home...I can't say that I blame them really...From a photographic perspective it was a little disappointing...I had a total of 4 break offs and 3 that just shook me free...All fish were on the the line and played for at least a few seconds...So some satisfaction was had...My first fish of the day promptly took me into my backing on the first run...

I have to admit once again...I'm not a winter fan...At one point today I thought I was going to have to chop my Korkers off of my boots, and my boots off of my feet. My toes went from cold, to tingly, to numb, to some other feeling in which they were no longer single entities, but more like one giant club stuck to the bottom of my leg...I am totally addicted to the pull of these fish and will continue chasing the chrome beauties until I sustain permanent nerve damage or lose a toe...I can always buy more socks to....

I have a pattern that I came up with for this trip...It was an idea I had looking at info on Lake Ontario's crustacean dwellers....I will post it as soon as I make more as I lost them all today....

Here's the photo of the landed fish....

Tight Lines and Screaming Reels....

No comments:

Post a Comment