Super Fly Webstore

Sunday, September 18, 2011

9-18-11...Laked it up

Hit a big lake today...Phil and I hit the water a bit on the early side I would say....at least for fall weather...8 am and a balmy 39 degrees F to start the kayaking off right...Fog so thick you could barely see in front of you...I am not a big lake angler...not by any means...I don't like trying to find fish in acres and acres of water. I can read rivers, sometimes at a remedial level, but better then huge lakes. I look for the obvious things that everyone looks for...The structure right under you nose. I have begun out of neccessity to study lakes in more depth. Since my rivers are unfishable at the moment I have had to adapt to big water lake fishing. This is proving to be a frustrating endeavor with a fly rod...Some success was had today...but not without it's aggravations...
http://blog.timesunion.com/flyfishing/fall-lakes/1719/

Some of Phil's slam dunks...





A few of my catches for the day....











and for my best catch of the day....


Two new flies were prototyped and tested today...oh my....The first fish of the day was caught on one of them...I post up some pics and description of this when I am 100% satisfied with the design....Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment