Super Fly Webstore

Monday, September 19, 2011

9-19-11...Sick Day

Today was a stay in bed sick day...haha...I'm a bad sick person...I can't stay still regardless of my health or anything else for that matter. I have the cold of all colds...sneezing, snot, cough, body ache and tiredness...you know the drill...I saw the sun shining and couldn't help myself....I mean...really....it's gonna rain again soon...I know it is...off to carp I went...Armed with a small box of proven carp catchers, my trusty 3880 Sage fly reel and a new 9ft 7 wt streamlight from LLBean..it was on sale for 89.00...couldn't pass it up....I strung it up with Cortland Fly Line's Silk line, 8wf...to the carp I went for an epic two hour carp blast...

I walked the lake...not finding any life at first...A little disappointed at first I pushed on....I got to the back of the lake to the other flats...I studied the water...then two shadows appeared....then more....then more still...the fish were acting as if they were spawning again...jumping out of the water, following each other around in groups...I tossed nymphs today....Rubber legged pheasant tails, black stones...the carp chased these flies down as I stripped them across the bottom...10 hookups...8 landed....2 hours of fishing....EPIC to say the least...








6 comments:

  1. Darn good for a sicko. ;) Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... you should get sick more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks all...unfortunetly it did nothing to help the cold....but the spirits...that's another thing thing entirely....

    ReplyDelete