Super Fly Webstore

Sunday, May 16, 2010

5-16-10

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH what a groovy but exhausting day....My fishing partner and I started off the day by attempting the use of a flat bottom jon boat with an electric motor....Why this seemed like a good idea to me the kayak fisherman, I'm still not sure....That lasted all of 20 minutes...put it away....ran to get the yaks...To my favorite smallie stream...Fishing is still a little slow, but it is gaining momentum....I give my friend my special fly...the "Schoharie Special"...he lands a Walleye that would make anyone proud.....Congrats....First walleye ever, and it was on his fly rod....Caught some smallies....Saw some Bald Eagles....Beautiful day....Left for a little lake to catch some bucket mouths and pickerel...Came up a little empty there as well....Strange weather the last few days...The gills are chillin in the shallows now, so that's usually a good time, they were being a little uncooperative tonight as well...One of those days, the fish had the upper hand...still a great day to be out and about tossing the buggy whip around...Tight lines...






No comments:

Post a Comment