Super Fly Webstore

Thursday, May 27, 2010

5-27-10

A grand morning...I somehow talked my better half into going and stomping around (lightly of course) in a little trout stream about 20 minutes from home....I had a couple of grabs, some risers chasing caddis....but nothing landing....I think my dry fly timing is off...Quite a difference from throwing a 6 or 8 wt with big 1/0 2/0 bass bugs on the line, 10lb tippet, in the pads, to super aggressive bass and pickerel....all the way to a 4 wt with 3.5 lb tippet and a size 14 elk hair caddis....I don't know what I was thinking....I missed my bass when I was out there....She caught a leopard frog, and some pics of snails...made her day, which in turn made mine....A happy girlfriend is a happy boyfriend...No fish, but a great outing....back to BBBBBBBBBASSSSSS tomorrow....Tight Lines

No comments:

Post a Comment