Super Fly Webstore

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

5-31-10

Went on an adventure today...Indian Lake in the Speculator area of the Adirondacks....Amazing place...I don't know why I haven't been there before...Better late then never I suppose....My better half and I brought the yaks and a paddling we went...I did a little fishing here and there...My goal was some Pike....However...I apparently couldn't read a map to get out of a paper bag if I needed to...I found this map that has the lake sectioned off by species...I thought I was fishing the areas where the pike hang....Following the map contours...Only to find out 4 hours into our paddling that I was reading land contours not lake contours the entire time...Laughing to myself I managed to hook to smallies before the day ended...Note to self...Work on navigation skills.....Great day...I can't wait to do some camping on the islands in the lake....Hopefully next weekend will bring us to another great lake in the Adirondack park...Tight lines...

No comments:

Post a Comment