Super Fly Webstore

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

6-8-10

A white pick up pulls in the lot.....Out steps a man with a doo rag on.....Goes into the truck bed, out comes two fly rods...I think excellent....He begins to stroll up the path, stops, watches me tossing some line for a moment..."Hey" shouts he....I turn and ask..."What's up man?".....His response..."Aren't you in the wrong resevoir?"....I respond..."No I don't believe so"...."Why?"....Joe Dirt responds...."The trout are all over there"...I sigh....."They sure are, good thing I'm trying to catch bass"....Man responds..."But your fly fishing, you should be catching trout"....I growled...."I sure am fly fishing, fly fishing for bass"....I think at this point his bandana must have tightened...His next statement..."But bass are easy to catch, you should be trying to catch tiger trout"....I say..."Wow you're right, stocked fish are extremely difficult to catch...*sarcasm*....Well, I think that depends on how you're trying to catch them....By the way, what is the biggest bass you have landed with a fly rod?....Man stumbling a little...."Well...ahhhh....I'm going to catch me some tiger trout....."...."Good luck"...knuckles...........
I bought a Sage Largemouth rod yesterday...Thought I would bring it out this morning to a little resevoir close to home....Pounded the water with all I had....One follow....One hook up....Definetly not the bass I was hoping for with the new rod....But a fish is a fish...At least I got to get the line wet and a little fish slimed....I think the fact that it was in the 40's last night....helped to put the big boys down a little....A few days of sun...it'll be back to good....

So far I am impressed with the rod....It is a super fast action very stiff rod....With one back cast and a good double haul you can half empty your reel....Takes a little getting used to, roll casting is a little tricky....Throws big wind resistant flies with ease....Can't wait to take it to a better lake for some real bass buggin action....

No comments:

Post a Comment