Super Fly Webstore

Thursday, June 10, 2010

6-10-10

One of the things that I enjoy about fly fishing from a kayak is the ability to escape from people. Silence is golden at times....I had a fairly relaxing morning on the water....Missed about 5 fish, landed one nice LMB....Rocking with the new Sage Large Mouth rod, an orange belly diving frog, and the Commander kayak....What more could I ask for.....


As I'm leaving my parking area, which is a road that is half washed out, that ends with a gate near the town of boy you have a pretty mouth....Down from the entrance comes these two fine specimens....I'm pretty sure they are the town representatives....I think...Great...now what....I can't get out, the combined 600 pounds between them is blocking the entire drive out...Down they come....Sigh....Over to my half open window....#1...mumble mumble...."puttin in some new bush, cuttin some dead ones down".....excellent start.....I say "ohhhh, that's really great man"....his eyes grow huge as if he was getting his prostrate examined....."but some one done put a boulder in the middle"....In the middle of what I think.....I say.."oh that's not good.....how'd it get there"....#2...."Some one must have brought a bucket to the lot"....Well gentlemen...."I don't have a bucket on this here jeep.....enjoy your afternoon"....Really.....As I pull into my town...15 minutes later....I'm welcomed by a smoking asian man walking down the middle of the road not moving for traffic and a mexican man scratching his genitals while talking on his cell phone on main street.....What is going on..... hmmmmmm.....That's why I don't like to leave the water....Tight lines

1 comment: