Super Fly Webstore

Monday, June 21, 2010

6-20-10

So I was invited to fish at a private fish and game club bass lake today...Which is why I had designed the frog....What a beautiful lake...Bass everywhere....Big bass....a 7 pounder was caught there 2 weeks ago....A 28 inch catfish last week....Good stuff....I some how in all of my excitement forgot how to fish....Within the first 2 minutes of our host entering the water....a spin fisherman...he had hooked a nice 2 pound bucket....then another...then another....I throw my frog into the weeds....BAM......Huge fish.....about a second later he spit it....This happened about5 more times...My hook sets were so off yesterday.....Between the frog pattern a dn my bluegill popper...I hit 7 bass and only landed 2...I haven't had a day like that in a while...That lake shuts down about 10am or so....The fish start sunning themselves above the weedline, and nothing you do will elicit a strike...So off we went to our next stop...A river in the area....We had a little rain last night....By the looks of the river it rained chocolate milk.....So we continued down the road....Next stop, the bay where the river flows into a giant lake...Weedy, swampy, nasty and full of giant bluegills, large mouth and pickerel....I hooked 3 pickerel, 1 large mouth, and a few gills....Not the best of fishing days, but it sure as hell beats a good day at work...My camera that I bring fishing with me has taken its share of abuse...I've dropped it, smashed it, drowned it....It's duct taped together...So sometimes it works, sometimes not....I take photos when it works quickly, so not to stress the fish more waiting for me fiddling with my camera...I have the photos in my memory for the ones that escaped a still shot...Here's some pics that worked....



No comments:

Post a Comment