Super Fly Webstore

Thursday, April 8, 2010

LMB

This morning proved to be a great morning out. I paid attention in early March to make sure I knew exactly where all the water was thawing first. A back little bay, and the front side of one of my favorite lakes. This morning I loaded my smaller kayak, my 6 weight fly rod, and my magic box of bass flies, and hit the water for about an hour and a half. Boy oh boy were my observations paid in full....One bass, 19 inches....the other 17....The first bass hit so suddenly I thought I caught the log I caught her next to. Rod bent in half, I leaned into it, only to pull my boat toward the fallen tree. The the head shake came and the line starting going out...Holy Shit...That's alive....About 3 minutes later, the first of the year, a 19 inch largemouth in my net....Chartreuse and white clouser minnow to match the emerald shiners in the lake.....My next one was caught at the other end of the lake, the second area to thaw out completely....Now it's on boys and girls....

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! That's sweet man. I can't wait to get back out I just got home from work. That's some nice Bass

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got to love catching that size bass on the fly. What size leader was you using? Bill

    ReplyDelete